If you’re interested, the Committee needs to hear from you, or the idea will pass away for lack of interest.
There have been rumblings indicating my (Bob Johnson) involvement in Class of ’65 affairs has been dysfunctional–not my intent, and I will disengage if that is the your opinion.
Your feedback is important to future efforts of the Class of ’65 Committee.
The Class of ’65 Committee conducted a meeting on September 14, 2013 to initiate planning for our 50th Reunion in 2015.
The following motions were made and unanimously approved:
- Location to be Chattanooga Golf and Country Club (thanks to Carol and Mickey for agreeing to host us there again).
- Format to be essentially the same as for our 45th.
- Committee will strive to keep the cost to $75 or under per couple.
- We will seek a DJ who plays music only (no announcements unless asked to).
- We will poll classmates to determine if there is enough interest for a late Spring (after spring break) gathering in Gulf Shores, Alabama for a “Best There is Alive Spring Break.
- Primary date for main event at Chattanooga Golf and Country Club is Saturday, September 19th. Alternate date is October 17th.
- Informal gathering at a location to be determined will be held on Friday evening, September 18th or October 16th.
I will travel to Chattanooga tomorrow to work in the Central Library virtually everyday except Saturday the 14th, the day of our mini-reunion and committee meeting to kick off planning for our 50th, until I return on the 18th.
My efforts to recruit volunteers from the general alumni population have not been successful, except for Bobby Byrd, ’65 and Buffy Hoge,’74. Could use a few volunteers to help. If you’re available to help, please call me at 253-973-1500.
Hope to see as many of you as possible at the mini on the 14th.